Services and Amenities at The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Room service at The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge is available from 6:00 a.m. to midnight, 7 days a week.
- To order room service, select Dining Options on your Guest Room telephone.
Sturdy Branches Health Club
- Sturdy Branches Health Club is located off the lobby area for The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.
- The latest in fitness equipment is included in the cardiovascular room with treadmills, ellipticals, bicycles (regular and recumbent) and stair climbers. The weight room includes weight machines and free weights. End a workout in the sauna.
- Lockers are available at Sturdy Branches Health Club.
- Open 24 hours a day, the facility is available to Resort Guests 14 and older at no additional charge. Guests 14 to 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Receive a complimentary gift, which can be redeemed at many Walt Disney World Resort spas.
Babysitting and Child Services
- Babysitting and child services are available at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Disney Cast Members provide a supervised dining and entertainment club for children ages 3 to 12.
- The Cub's Den in Disney's Wilderness Lodge, located outside the main lobby near Wilderness Lodge Mercantile, is open daily from 4:30 p.m. to midnight.
- At this delightfully themed play space, children are invited to create western arts and crafts, play videogames, enjoy dinner and snacks, watch Disney movies and interact with other kids their age.
- Together with independent childcare provider Kids Nite Out, Disney's Wilderness Lodge also offers you the convenience of one-to-one in-room babysitting. You can even reserve a childcare specialist to accompany you and your family during your visit to the Parks, providing a helping hand where needed.
- Advance reservations are suggested. To make a reservation for The Cub's Den or in-room babysitting, please contact (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939- 3463 up to 180 days in advance. (Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.)
- Same-day reservations are sometimes available. Contact Disney's Wilderness Lodge front desk or the Concierge during your visit.
- Concierge assistance at the Disney's Wilderness Lodge is available to Resort hotel Guests 7 days a week, from 7:00 a.m. through 10:00 p.m. Located in the main lobby, the concierge can help you purchase Park tickets, make dining reservations and secure show seats.
- Self-parking at Disney's Wilderness Lodge is located in the main parking area west of the Resort registration and main lobby entrance.
- Valet parking is also available for a daily fee, which covers all Walt Disney World Resort facilities that offers valet parking for the entire day.
- Self-service laundry facilities can be found in The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge on the ground floor near room 1509.
- Self-service laundry facilities can be found in Disney's Wilderness Lodge on the first floor near room 1032 and the Roaring Forks Snack Bar.
- Laundry rooms are open 24 hours with the use of a Resort room key.
- Select one-bedroom and 2-bedroom Villas in The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge contain in-room washer and dryer units.
- Dry cleaning and valet laundry services are available at The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and can be arranged by selecting Housekeeping on your Guest Room telephone.
- For same day service, call by 8:30 a.m. for pickup. Items will be returned after 6:00 p.m. that day.
- Dry cleaning and valet laundry services prices are listed on laundry card found in Resort room.
Services for Guests with Disabilities
- Services for Guests with disabilities at The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge include:
- Wheelchair-accessible bathrooms
- Wheelchair-accessible ramps and elevators
- Rooms designed for the hearing impaired
- Rooms to accommodate service animals
- Fully-Equipped Kitchens (One-Bedroom and 2-Bedroom Villas)
- Kitchenette (Studio Villas)
- Washer and Dryer Units with Laundry Detergent (One-Bedroom and 2-Bedroom Villas)
- Alarm Clock
- Coffee Maker
- DVD Player
- International Electrical Adaptor
- High-speed Internet access (complimentary for select Suite accommodations; for all other accommodations, additional fee applies)
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Pack 'n Play Playards
- Pool Towels
- Cable TV with Disney Programming
- Wet bar (Studio Villas)
Bay Lake Beach
Soak up the sun on the white-sand beach of Bay Lake.
Rent a bike and enjoy the three-quarter mile path to The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness and The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness.
Buttons & Bells Arcade
Play a variety of video and pinball games at this high-tech game room located in the area next to Wilderness Lodge Mercantile.
Carolwood Pacific Railroad Room
The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge offers many secluded nooks and quiet sitting rooms where you can relax or gather the family together for a game of checkers or chess.
One of these rooms is designed as a romanticized replica of a hotel built for the railroad workers who constructed the first Transcontinental Railroad. This room is dedicated to Walt Disney's passion for trains, which began when he was a teenager and held a summer job selling newspapers and refreshments to customers on the Missouri Pacific Railroad.
Walt Disney loved trains so much, he built a one-eighth scale railroad on 2,615 feet of track in his backyard on Carolwood Drive in Holmby Hills, CA; he named it the Carolwood Pacific Railroad. The actual cattle car and gondola from Walt's backyard railroad, and a miniature model of the No. 173 engine are on display in the Carolwood Pacific Railroad Room.
Walt Disney's one-eighth scale backyard railroad became the inspiration for the much larger trains in the Disney Parks—specifically the Lilly Belle parlor car in Disneyland Resort.
The train theme in the Carolwood Pacific Railroad Room extends to the fireplace—where a whimsical steam engine puffing smoke while chugging up hill is sculpted into the fireplace's iron grill.
Chip'n Dale's Campfire Sing-a-long
Gather 'round the campfire at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort with your nutty pals for songs and fun, then watch a classic Disney movie under the stars.
Cub's Den - Kids' Play Space
Cub's Den, which serves The Villas at Disney's Wildreness Lodge, offers parents the chance to treat children ages 3 to 12 to an evening of supervised activities in an environment created just for them—while the parents treat themselves to a night out.
At this delightfully themed play space, children are invited to create western arts and crafts, play videogames, enjoy dinner and snacks, watch Disney movies and interact with other kids their age.
The Cub's Den is located outside the main lobby near Wilderness Lodge Mercantile, is open daily from 4:30 p.m. to midnight.
Advance reservations are suggested. To make a reservation for The Cub's Den, please contact (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 up to 90 days in advance. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Same-day reservations are sometimes available. Contact The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge front desk or the Concierge during your visit.
Fire Rock Geyser
Fire Rock Geyser at Disney's Wilderness Lodge is located between the Silver Creek Springs pool and Bay Lake. Fashioned after Yellowstone National Park's famous Old Faithful geyser, Fire Rock Geyser shoots a water plume 120-feet in the air every hour on the hour from early morning to 10:00 p.m.
Hook a fun-filled fishing trip for the entire family. (Catch and release only.)
Floor to Ceiling Details
While looking up towards the ceiling in the lobby at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, notice 4 massive teepee-shaped chandeliers suspended from solid Lodgepole Pine beams. Authentic rawhide, hand painted with geometric designs, stretches over the lights' structural framework. Each teepee chandelier, with its bronze and steel ring of silhouetted buffaloes and riders on horseback, weighs 600 pounds.
Exquisite details in Disney's Wilderness Lodge lobby can be seen beneath your shoes, too. The floor's inlaid pattern is made from 4 different types of wood: Brazilian Cherry, White Oak, Bird's-Eye Maple, and Burl Walnut. The floor's central design depicts the symbol of unity among wildlife, man, the cosmos and the 4 seasons.
Artifacts from a variety of Native American tribes, including the Cheyenne, Crow, Sioux and Blackfoot, have been collected and re-created, and are displayed throughout Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Authentic reproductions of headdresses, painted robes and drums, as well as work from artists noted for their reverence for nature, can be seen in the lobby's secluded alcoves and throughout the Resort's restaurants and sitting rooms.
The most impressive of Disney's Wilderness Lodge's fireplaces is in the Resort's lobby. The mammoth 3-sided fireplace—with rockwork layers in hues of green, magenta, buff, black, brown and more than 95 other colors—represents the nearly 2 billion years of the Earth's history that are exposed in the rock strata of the great chasm known as the Grand Canyon.
At 82 feet tall, the stone fireplace in Disney's Wilderness Lodge lobby is as high as Chickapin Hill in the Splash Mountain attraction in Magic Kingdom theme park.
Relax in one of the lobby's overstuffed leather armchairs for a closer look at the grand fireplace—you may notice fossilized plants and animals from prehistoric times.
The Great Outdoors at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Lounge in one of the wooden rocking chairs on the back area of the lobby at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and lose yourself in the serene scene of mighty pines and delicate flowers. Water from a bubbling springs flows from inside the lobby. Follow it as it winds outside to the Silver Creek Springs.
Junipers, wildflowers and natural grasses line meandering pathways. Stroll around Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort grounds and listen to the chirping of crickets beneath bridges. The Overlook Point offers views of the Silver Creek waterfall—a spectacular sight when lit at night.
Enjoy a scenic one-mile run along the bike path to The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness.
Lodgepole Pine Lobby
Step inside the 7-story lobby, the centerpiece of Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort, and be awed by 2 towering totems. Each reaching 55-feet tall, the hand-carved poles—one topped with a raven, the other an eagle—draw your eye up the 4 levels of corridors that surround the lobby and provide access to sitting nooks, terraces and nearly 730 Guest rooms. The various animals—from whales to raccoons to eagles—carved into these totems depict Native American myths and legends.
A 10-foot totem near the Resort's Wilderness Lodge Mercantile features a few more famous animals. Disney Character Humphrey Bear stands at the base and supports Donald Duck; Goofy's perched on Donald's shoulders. Sitting above Goofy and capping the totem pole is a ruggedly-dressed Mickey Mouse.
Movies Under the Stars
Watch Disney movies under the stars at select Walt Disney World Resorts. By the pool or on the beach, you'll have a unique experience only Walt Disney World can provide. For more information go to the Guest Information desk in the lobby.
Climb, slide and play on this 24-hour playground located next to Wilderness Lodge Mercantile.
The Silver Creek Springs pool has a water slide and a hot tub. The Resort's second pool, Hidden Springs, also features a hot tub. Each pool has a lounge and bar. Open seasonally, the Trout Pass pool bar and Trout Pass Snacks serve quick snacks or small meals, as well as specialty drinks and coffees.
Swimming in Silver Creek Springs, the feature pool at The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, is like swimming in a small forest. Silver Creek Springs pool is open from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight, with Disney-trained lifeguards on duty from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Inside The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge lobby, a spring bubbles over stones. Follow the water as it flows under a lobby's window wall, widens and becomes a creek in the Resort's upper courtyard. This quiet Silver Creek transforms again into a sparkling 15-foot waterfall, which empties into the boulder and tree-lined pool called Silver Creek Springs.
Set sail for a private luxurious celebration or a romantic date night. Escape from the fast pace of your vacation with a Fireworks Cruise or Intimate Dining Cruise.
Sturdy Branches Health Club
Sturdy Branches Health Club is located off the lobby area for The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.
The latest in fitness equipment is included in the cardiovascular room with treadmills, elypticals, bicycles (regular and recumbent) and stair climbers. The weight room includes weight machines and free weights. End a workout in the sauna.
Lockers are available at Sturdy Branches Health Club. Open from 6:00 a.m. through 9:00 p.m., the facility is available to Resort Guests 14 and older at no additional charge. Guests 14 to 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Receive a complimentary gift, which can be redeemed at many Walt Disney World Resort spas.
Spend some time on the lake with a Pontoon Boat, Boston Whaler Montauk or Sea Raycer by Sea Ray, or take a specialty cruise. (Extra fee required.) Call 407-WDW-PLAY (939-0729) for additional information.